Divine Mercy Catholic School
Creating an engaging, nurturing learning environment where students can reach their full potential; growing in body, mind and spirit.
30 Douglas Street, Saint John, NB E2k 0G5
www.dmcssj.com ∙ email@example.com ∙ 506 ∙214 ∙ 5556
Elementary (K/1) School Teacher (Full Time)
Divine Mercy Catholic School (DMCS) is a private Catholic school in Saint John, NB, which has an educational philosophy that is faithful to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church and concerned with the spiritual, educational and physical well-being of all students.
Divine Mercy Catholic School is seeking a Kindergarten / Grade one School Teacher to join our DMCS Family!
The successful candidate will be living an actively Catholic lifestyle, willing to sign an oath of fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, be attentive, loving and kind, have experience teaching, willing to learn and effectively manage multiple demands and needs at once.
Our goal at DMCS is to foster a faith-filled environment where students feel loved, safe and wanted. Our staff strive to facilitate this environment through a commitment to Catholic Education of the whole child: body, mind and spirit.
As an integral part of the DMCS Family, the K/1 School Teacher will be committed, through witness and instruction, to educate students and maintain a classroom where Christian virtue and Academic Excellence are priority.
• Managing and maintaining a calm classroom environment while teaching mostly K/1 subjects, teaching other classes and grades as necessary, making
creative lesson plans and keeping in mind our standard of Academic
Excellence at all grade levels
- Successful candidate will be comfortable working in a Catholic, faith-filled environment and be willing to assist in maintaining a loving, caring atmosphere for both students and staff daily
- An openness and willingness to learning about the Church’s mission of Catholic Education and a commitment to putting this mission to practice daily
- BEd preferred, however we will consider an undergraduate degree plus equivalent work experience
- Must have experience working with children
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team and have a willingness to learn
- Must be organized, loving and able to multitaskA criminal background and vulnerable person security check will be required prior to hiring.Compensation and benefit package will be discussed with candidates during the interview process. If interested in applying for this position please email resume and cover letter to Judy Burnham, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DMCS Teaching Position.Deadline for application is June 1st, 2018.DMCS would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.